Player Photos – Rankings – Forums – Screenshots – Guild Bank FAQ
Amazing Heroes. We are rebuilding, we are reshaping, but most of all we are keeping the AH spirit alive. We’re still family and we stick together. We’re here to have fun, to play the game how we want to play it, and to work together to accomplish things as a guild. Be serious when the circumstances call for it, but in the long run, we don’t want to take ourselves -too- seriously…this is a game, after all. It should be fun, not work.
1) First and foremost, we’re a family. Treat others as you wish to be treated.
2) We understand that there’s a real life out there … at least someone told us there was. As an active guild member, you should log in more than once a week. If you need to take an extended absence, please let a guild officer know (this includes vacations as well as just taking a break from the guild). You should also be checking the forums regularly – at least once every couple of days. (See below for more specific info on forums.)
3) Help each other. We’re all in this together – bettering one of us is bettering all of us. Please understand that if someone who plays your class is offering you advice on your character that they are trying to help and are not “telling you what to do.” If you choose to offer advice to someone, remember that not all playstyles are the same and what works for you may not work for someone else.
4) Conversely, be considerate when requesting help. Seek those close to you in level for a difficult quest – you’ll gain more experience and you’ll better understand your class and game play. Be conscious of the time when requesting help for instances. Most of us are on Eastern Time and have to get up early for work on weekdays. Therefore, if you are having trouble finding groups after 10:00 pm server, know that people probably want to help, they just have to go to bed soon.
5) We do not prohibit running with other guilds, nor do we prohibit having alts in other guilds. We all have friends across Gilneas with whom we would like to play. However, if we are planning to run an instance with a raid lockout like Karazhan please do not get your main character locked out unless you can’t attend our scheduled night.
6) The integrity of the guild is only as strong as the integrity of each of our members. These are the specific rules we expect everyone to adhere to.
Play with honor.
Follow the Terms of Service of the game.
Follow the loot rules of this guild, our alliance(s), or any guild/group with which you run.
Don’t be greedy with loot in a pickup group.
If you are in a pickup group with even ONE non-Amazing Heroes person, be aware that your actions reflect on the guild. Be careful how you treat that person, as they will most likely remember the experience if treated exceptionally well or exceptionally badly.
Do not beg or spam in guild channels or general chat channels.
Do not interfere with epic quests.
Don’t gank Horde civilians (quest-givers, flight masters, etc.) and thereby grief the Horde.
Do not ninja chests / mine nodes / pick herbs when it is evident that someone is clearing the area to get them.
Do not abandon a pvp team mid-game simply because things aren’t going well, or something better comes up.
Don’t camp graveyards in PvP when the game is already won.
These things all reflect on the guild’s reputation whether you mean them to or not.
7) Do not allow others to play your characters. Your characters represent you and by extension the guild. There is no tag on your character that says “This is not me” when someone else plays it. If the person playing your character conducts him/herself in an inappropriate manner, it directly reflects you and us. (The exception is logging in to move a character or trade items – ie, 0dell using Potch to move herbs, etc.)
1) The guild has a Ventrilo server that is used for raid coordination, guild meetings, etc. The Ventrilo client can be downloaded at http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php
It doesn’t matter if you have a microphone, as long as you can listen to the channel. This is critical for us to coordinate pulls, discuss strategies, and such. (as of today, WoW has there own channels as well. We will see how well this works, but there is no excuse anymore!)
2) Use the guild’s forums: Please check the forums regularly, at least once every couple of days. We use the forums to communicate information to the whole guild at once since all of us are rarely on at the same time. And it’s a good way to keep busy during work.
The forums should not be used as a griping ground. Only constructive, non judgemental posts should be put on there. We know people will disagree sometimes (and you have the right to) but calling people out on the forums and playing the blame game gets us nowhere and only serves to make issues worse. We expect that if you choose to disagree with someone you can be an adult and do it in a way that doesn’t involve name-calling or insults. forum rules added from suggestions below.)
3) Dealing with interpersonal issues: If you are having an issue with another member of the guild, please bring it to that person and try to work it out. You can also bring it to an officer and ask them to mediate. Please, for the good of the guild, if you have a problem, do not keep it quiet and let it fester. Be open and honest with each other. Think about what you are going to say before you go to the forums or hit that push-to-talk button. To borrow a saying from a manager at my friends office:
Is it constructive?
Is it polite?
Is it true?
We’re asking you to think before you fire off a post or an e-mail that may be more hurtful than helpful. Please consider what you are saying before you speak.
We are not going to suppress opinions or complaints. We treat every single one as valid and we (the officers) will address it if asked to do so. We are only requesting that you be considerate of others and their feelings.
We are a family – that point cannot be emphasized strongly enough. We all have a stake in Amazing Heroes working, and everyone is important in making it work. We succeed as a team and we fail as a team. We hope you all have fun with Amazing Heroes, and welcome any comments/suggestions you may have.